Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winter's Journée

 Life is a  journée . I love the double connotation implied by the French word.   "Journée"  can either describe a day's travel or a battle.  My story, and your story, is the outcome of our  journée .  The beauty of Art Journaling is that I can express my emotions and all they entail--the good, the bad, and the ugly.  In turn, it clarifies my daily perspective and keeps me focused on making the most of my journée.

I, along with many others, have an autoimmune disease.  I am also a breast cancer survivor, going on 12 years.  As a result of having had cancer, I have made a personal choice not to take any medications that suppress my immune system.  Cold weather, autoimmune disease, an ageing body, and no medication all add up to joint pain.  Belief that God is the God of seeing us through each journée, taking time out to write my feelings and express myself artistically kept me from sinking into depression.  It takes courage to hold on to God's hand and what you know is truth when you are in pain.

I freely admit I don't enjoy the pain and emotions associated with autoimmune disease.  I do, however, benefit by learning life lessons through the difficulty.  I'm no hero.  My story coincides with the stories of many others.  No matter what path your  journée  takes you down, choose to walk that path with courage and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment