Friday, August 16, 2013

prayer from my journal

my journal pages are filled with songs that have remained in my journal.  one song - written in '08 - is called "Your Presence".  it is a personal prayer written in song form.  the following lyrics are a portion of that prayer.
"light in the dark"
art journaling about chemotherapy


"walkin' on thru' a desert place
lookin' all around, i'm trying to see Your face
the only thing i feel is loneliness
o God, i need to walk with You again
my vision blurred, lost sight of You today
lookin' all around again, i've lost my way
raising up heavy hands, i'm reachin' to the sky
askin' you right now to hear my humble cry

so send down showers of blessing - fall on me
so my blinded eyes can clearly see
wash me in water. . .cleanse my sin
so i might freely enter in
into Your Presence - Your sweet Presence"




"in Your Presence, there is fullness of joy. . . in Your Presence, there is peace forever more
in Your Presence, i am filled with Your Power. . . in Your Presence, i'm consumed with Your fire
in Your Presence. . . in Your Presence"

"walking thru the fire"
i was sick and not feeling well at this time
psalm 23 - "though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

He is our daily comfort.







No comments:

Post a Comment