Wednesday, September 17, 2014

valleys

there is something about walking through "the valley of the shadow of death" while experiencing cancer that tunes your heart to another who is walking that same path.  when i was first diagnosed with breast cancer, my friend, Magdy Tawfik told me that while in prayer he had felt Psalm 23:4 was my promise from God for my cancer fight.

"yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
i will fear no evil;  for You are with me; 
Your rod and Your staff they comfort me."
"His hands"
art journaling
sunday, my good friends larry and molly visited from houston.  it was the first time i had seen larry and been able to talk with him since he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that has now spread to the liver.  larry and molly are "salt of the earth" people.  they have loved me, prayed for me, encouraged me and supported the ministry of Believers Church and my family since we first met them.  

as i was talking to larry, he said the powerful words that only a believer could utter;  

"if it is God's will to heal me, He will.  if it is not God's will to heal me, i have lived a wonderful life.  i have been married to a wonderful woman, have friends whom i love and have served the God i love.  i am ready to go home if it is His time and i wanted a chance to come and say good-bye."
"His hands"
art journaling

at lunch i, along with my parents, was able to express love and appreciation to a couple who have impacted our lives for the good.  

i am praying for larry's pain - as the cancer itself is extremely painful and chemotherapy is treacherous.  i am also praying for God's healing touch on larry.  

it is as Beth Moore says in her Daniel study - God always delivers either;
from the fire
through the fire
by the fire into His arms - our faith perfected
"His hands"
art journaling
many years ago - probably around 35 years ago, my mom asked me to write a song for her entitled "the Lord of the valley".  we were at family camp in Idaho and i got up in the middle of the night to pen the gospel song.  after these many years, i only remember the lyric of the chorus which seems appropriate.  

He's the Lord of the valley/He's the God of every trial
He has you in His hands' hollow/mile after mile
so put your faith and your confidence in His plan for your life
He's the Lord of the valley/He's the God of every trial


No comments:

Post a Comment