Thursday, February 16, 2012

Worry versus Trust

"So why do you worry about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:  they neither toil nor spin;"  Matthew 6: 28 - 34
Any worries?  Oh I can name a few:  national debt, our children and grandchildren's future, gas prices, mortgages, grocery prices, cancer, autoimmune, no rain.
The web of worry will entangle your heart, mind and soul so tightly that you cannot find peace.  Jesus speaks His powerful words of peace into our life, giving us answers to freedom.  "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Read the passage from Matthew - it will fill you with faith when you realize God is truly in control.
Oh did I mention I love lilies.  I love them so much that my daughter's name - Suzanne - means white lily.
Have a Trust - filled Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment