Thursday, September 4, 2014

"my strength and song"


"the Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  
He is my God and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him." 
Exodus 15:2
"You are my hiding place:" Psalm 32:7
ink on text wove
there are days when i don't feel strong - there have been days in my life when i have felt devastated, burned over, heart-sick, worried.  during times of fire and trials, it is difficult to see beyond the darkness of the present experience.  

God is holding us close during those times.  He never lets us go.  As we dwell in His mercy and grace our spirit is revived.  By dwelling in His presence we find the courage and strength we need for each day.

I love the phrase from the song Glorious Ruins - "rising up from the ashes" because that is what God does for us as we dwell in Him. He takes us from ruin and ashes and makes us whole.  

we don't look the same - - scars now mar us.
we don't feel the same - - we are somehow stronger, more courageous.
we don't talk the same - - our faith has been built.
we don't live the same - - we understand our destiny.
we don't see the same - - our eyes are enlightened.
we don't think the same - - our mind is renewed.
we are changed
we are restored
we are experiencing new life

when God raises us from ashes - - we live knowing that "all things work together for good".  

"restoration"
new growth in Yellowstone
ink and acrylic on text wove

No comments:

Post a Comment