Friday, September 12, 2014

praying man

i was talking with my mom this morning and reminiscing about our friends we have had over the years.  friendship is vital to my existence - - the most important friendships i have had over the years are those friends with whom i can share my deepest sorrow, highest joy, worst defeat and greatest triumph.  no matter what i am facing, they love me and continue to pray for me and those i love.  what an incredible gift to have friends who are close friends and prayer warriors for everyone in your life - - starting with your parents.


Toy and Lona Archer have been life-time friends for 
my parents, me, my siblings and our children.  

what a gift they have been to our family and all who know them.
"Praying Man #5"
Toy Archer - artist
Toy is an incredible artist and today i was surprised with a gift of his art -  "Praying Man #5".  
"Praying Man #5" is carved from a diamond willow tree.  diamond willow trees are known for the interesting diamond shapes all over them.  these trees are attacked by a fungus that creates this unique diamond shape.  diamond willow is prevalent in damp, wooded areas where these unique staffs are harvested.  
"Praying Man #5"
Toy Archer - artist
 i'm still trying to decide where "Praying Man #5" looks best in my house.  

i love the gift and i am so grateful for the gift of my friends - the Archers.
"Praying Man #5:
Toy Archer - artist


"Praying Man #5"
Toy Archer - artist
have a great friday and a wonderful weekend
and
be grateful for the friends God has gifted to you 

No comments:

Post a Comment